Art Basel 2021 (bis): Nadine Khalil writes it up for Pioneer Works

Photo courtesy of Art Basel.
 

When I visited Art Basel in September, I had the good fortune to share a flat with, among others, art writer Nadine Khalil. Unlike me, Nadine has written a serious, full report about the fair for Pioneer Works, an artist-run cultural centre in Brooklyn. I particularly liked this candid passage about how viewing contemporary art often turns out to be:

'... the experience was abstruse and confusing. Even with my decade reviewing art, I’m sometimes left with the feeling that a secret has been withheld from me. Or like I’m in a crowd where everyone is familiar with each other but me.'

Spot on.

This is a link to Nadine's article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Palais de Tokyo's summer exhibitions, 2023

Anna Uddenberg: an interesting new development

nerd_funk and the emergence of a new genre