Hervé Di Rosa: Le passe-mondes ('the world-crosser'), at the Pompidou Centre

 

From February to August this year, the Pompidou Center is showing a compact but very seductive overview of the work of Hervé di Rosa, focusing mainly on his work using traditional craft techniques and media from the various countries he's visited. 

I'm not sure we're really supposed to like di Rosa so much these days, but I do, and if he's good enough for the Pompidou Centre, he's certainly good enough for me. You might think his work, very 80s post-modern in spirit, would have dated, but no, I think it's ageing well. Any of the pieces on display would be an obvious fit in my own collection, if only I could afford it, which I can't. But anyway, they weren't for sale.

I don't have anything to add, except some of the photos I took while there. This is a link to the Pompidou Centre's introduction to the exhibition.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Palais de Tokyo's summer exhibitions, 2023

nerd_funk and the emergence of a new genre

Anna Uddenberg: an interesting new development